Saturday, October 13, 2012

Paperwork & Packing


My buyers and my transaction agent came over this morning to complete some paperwork and do an amendment to the contract. We had to amend the contract to remove the contingency for the sale of the buyers' house and to re-set the closing date. We close on November 20th in the afternoon.

The buyers decided not to do an inspection. That's good for me and keeps them from spending the extra money but it is unusual. One of the buyers' father is an architect and he looked at the house early in the process and was happy so they thank that is sufficient. It is their call.

The buyers' home owner's insurance agent stopped by today to take a look at the woos stove and to take a few pictures. Seems like the concern was with the model and the venting and type  of chimney flue. He took a few pictures of the outside of the houseas well.

On Monday the bank will send an appraisor out to look at the house. I can't imagine the house falling short of the value of the purchase price. They did a "drive by" appraisal of Jill's house but this will be a little more involved.

My packing has started. It actually started a while back and I have a bunch of stuff boxed up and stored in the storage unit. I'm trying to separate things by what I keep for my future use and what I want to sell in a moving sale. Jill wants to help me pack but she has a willy-nilly approach and I'll end up not knowing where anything is or what was saved or trashed and what was saved. She wants me to justify why I want to keep things, which I don't care to do, and we will end up taking longer than if I do it myself. I'll have her help me with the kitchen or something.

Ty wants to help. too. She recommended a local mover. I think I might ask her to help with the garage/moving sale.

No comments: